A 13-year-old boy from Ohio, US tragically died after overdosing on over-the-counter medicine whereas trying a viral TikTok development. The boy was trying the ‘Benadryl Problem’, which inspires viewers to take massive doses of the antihistamine to induce hallucinations.
The teenager’s mother and father are warning different mother and father concerning the harmful social media development. Jacob Stevens died after per week on a ventilator, he consumed 12 to 14 tablets of the over-the-counter antihistamine to induce hallucinations, his household informed ABC6.com.
Jacob’s father, Justin Stevens, informed ABC6 that his son was at dwelling final weekend with buddies when he overdosed.
A video shot by his buddies confirmed that the teenager reportedly began to grab up after trying the social media problem.
“It was an excessive amount of for his physique,” Jacob’s father mentioned.
He was instantly rushed to the hospital and placed on a ventilator.
Regardless of the physician’s greatest efforts, the boy could not make it and died six days later. “worst day of his life,” Jacob’s father described.
“No mind scan, there was nothing there,” the devastated father mentioned. “They mentioned we may hold him on the vent, that he may lay there – however he won’t ever open his eyes, he’ll by no means breathe, smile, stroll or speak.”
Jacob’s grandmother informed an area TV information outlet, “I will do something I can to make sure one other youngster does not undergo it.”
The boy is remembered by his household as a well-mannered, humorous, loving youngster.
“It did not matter how unhealthy of a day I used to be having, nobody may make me smile, Jacob may make me smile,” Mr Stevens recalled.
They’re making an attempt to get lawmakers to place an age restriction on shopping for drugs like Benadryl.
“I already despatched a message to Mr Dewine. It is my life purpose now to make that occur. I will go at it till the day I die,” Justin mentioned.
Jacob’s funeral will likely be held subsequent week.