For nearly all character builds, understanding the finest weapons in Skyrim for every sort goes to be worthwhile.
Some can be found early on, too, via aspect quests or in any other case, which could be a large assist for playthroughs on more durable difficulties, or for these with a burning want to energy via to Skyrim’s late-game content material.
If you’re enjoying the 2021 Anniversary Version, we have now explainers on options equivalent to fishing.
On this web page:
Skyrim finest weapons defined
Whether or not you are trying to deal with a number of the more strange Daedric quests, or power-level your Smithing to craft Dragonbone and Daedric weapons, the weapon rankings under needs to be of some use to you, however earlier than you dive in there are a few fast issues to remember about how we have structured all of it:
- For those who’re trying to craft or enchant your weapons, you’ll want to try our detailed information to power-levelling Smithing and Enchanting abilities to hit that stage cap and craft the perfect weapons within the recreation as rapidly as potential.
- An ‘N/A’ for Perk means you might want to enhance your Smithing previous 100 with Alchemy to enhance it past Flawless – particularly, you might want to max your Smithing stage to 100 after which use potions of Fortify Smithing to spice up it past that, at which level the weapons in query, which do not profit from any of the Smithing ability Perks, can then be improved past Flawless high quality.
- The weapon sections under, excluding the Bows and Crossbows, are so as of lowest to highest injury and weight – so daggers first, with their low injury and low weight, shifting ending with the heaviest and highest-damage Warhammers.
- For bows, greater weight means sooner arrow journey velocity, and usually a slower nocking velocity.
- For one- and two-handed weapons, the next weight means a slower swing velocity, so for probably the most damage-per-second you may desire a mixture of excessive base injury and low weight.
- If a weapon is listed as not enchantable, that can usually imply it isn’t disenchantable, both.
- We’ll give a bit of additional context for our rankings in every part, however keep in mind we’re thought of damage-per-second right here, too, so in lots of circumstances weight is simply as vital as uncooked injury!
- Distinctive gadgets are marked with an asterisk * and we have briefly defined tips on how to get them in that part’s notes. Commonplace gadgets like Daedric weapons, in the meantime, can at all times be discovered via both random loot or crafting.
- Stalhrim weapons’ Frost Injury bonus is definitely extra highly effective than it seems to be – the “Chaos Injury” enchantment, which has a 50% probability of dealing 25 hearth, frost, and shock injury concurrently, can be boosted, making it a particularly potent selection for expert enchanters.
The most effective Bows and Crossbows in Skyrim
A pair fast issues to notice concerning the bows and crossbows under:
- The Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow is a part of the Dawnguard questline, and may solely be obtained in the event you aspect with the Dawnguard over the Vampires. This particular sort of crossbow is out there to craft or purchase after discovering the schematic in one of many sis “Historic Expertise” quests.
- Crossbows, while usually extra highly effective than bows by way of injury, take a good bit longer to fireplace every shot. They will also be geared up with exploding bolts of assorted injury varieties, too, which stack with any enchantments on the crossbow itself.
- Zephyr is discovered within the Dwemer destroy Arkngthamz in the course of the Dawnguard quest “Misplaced to the Ages”.
- The Nightingale Bow is discovered within the Internal Sanctum after you have defeated Arch-Curate Vythur within the Dawnguard quest “Touching the Sky”.
- Word that with bows, there’s usually a tradeoff between price of fireplace and injury, and the selection depends upon your playstyle. For stealth characters, greater injury bows just like the Dragonbone, Daedric, and Nightingale bows are most well-liked, as they offer you a better probability of taking characters out in a single hit from stealth and remaining undetected. For archers who anticipate to get within the combine a bit of extra, assault velocity is most well-liked, with bows like Zephyr and Auriel’s bow, that can assist you maximise the stagger impact of your Perks, and deal sustainied injury as rapidly as potential in prolonged fight.
- Within the desk, ‘DPS’ refers back to the damage-per-second of the bow, bearing in mind each the bow’s whole velocity to totally nock and hearth and arrow, and it is base injury.
|Enhanced Dwarven Crossbow||22||21||N/A||Dwarven Steel Ingot, Dwarven Smithing||Ignores 50% of armor||Sure|
|Dragonbone Bow||20||20||15||Dragon Bone, Dragon Armor||None||Sure|
|Auriel’s Bow*||13||11||13||Refined Moonstone, Elven Smithing||20 Solar Injury, tripled if goal is Undead. Can use Sunhallowed and Bloodcursed Arrows||No|
|Zephyr*||12||10||12||Dwarven Steel Ingot, Dwarven Smithing||Fires 30% sooner than a regular bow||No|
|Daedric Bow||19||18||9.5||Ebony Ingot, Daedric Smithing||None||Sure|
|Nightingale Bow*||19||18||9.5||Ebony Ingot, N/A||30 Frost Injury, 15 Shock Injury||No|
The most effective Daggers in Skyrim
Daggers have the best assault velocity and lowest base injury of all weapons in Skyrim, however that does not imply they need to be ignored. In truth, for all One-Handed ability customers, they are often important:
- Twin-wielding signifies that the swing-speed of the quickest weapon is utilized to each. So, for duel-wielders, equipping one of many under daggers like Mehrune’s Razor, which has a tiny weight of simply 3, will apply that very same weight to an enormous Daedric Mace when put within the different hand.
- Blade of Woe is acquired from both pickpocketing or killing Astrid of the Darkish Brotherhood, or completeing the Darkish Brotherhood quest “With Mates like These”. For those who pickpocket it from her earlier than finishing that quest, you possibly can in truth receive two copies of the weapon.
- Mehrunes Razor is a reward for finishing the hunt “Items of the Previous”, in the event you choose to kill Silus Vesuius.
|Weapon||Injury||Weight||Improve with ingot, Perk||Impact||Enchantable|
|Dragonbone Dagger||12||6.5||Dragon Bone, Dragon Armor||None||Sure|
|Blade of Woe*||12||7||Any, Metal Smithing||Soak up 10 well being||No|
|Mehrune’s Razor*||11||3||Ebony Ingot, N/A||1.98% probability to immediately kill, infinite prices||No|
|Daedric Dagger||11||6||Ebony Ingot, Daedric Smithing||None||Sure|
|Stalhrim Dagger||10||4.5||Stalhrim, Ebony Smithing||Frost Injury enchantments 25% stronger||Sure|
The most effective Swords in Skyrim
Swords are, as you’d anticipate, the most well-liked weapons in Skyrim because of their versatility and steadiness of each velocity and injury. They’re the quickest non-dagger one-handed weapons, however have decrease injury than their mace and conflict axe counterparts.
- Windshear, firstly, advantages from seems to be a bug, whereby each assault with it should stagger your opponent – even dragons – rendering them utterly unable to assault or reatreat so long as you proceed to strike them with the best timing. It is just potential to acquire in the course of the Darkish Brotherhood quest “Hail Sithis” on board The Katariah, the place it is lodged, Excalibur-like, proper on the very high of the ship’s prow.
- Miraak’s Sword is obtained by killing Miraak within the Dragonborn quest “On the Summit of Apocrypha”.
- Chillrend could be discovered in the course of the quest “The Pursuit”, contained in the tunnels beneath Riftweald Manor in Riften, and will also be obtained by breaking into Riftwead Manor and accessing the tunnels from inside, after doing a spot of roof-hopping to get inside. Chillrend is levelled, too, that means you get the stats we have detailed under at stage 46 and over.
- Nightingale Blade is acquired as a reward for finishing the Thieves Guild quest “Laborious Solutions”, and can be levelled, with the utmost stats we element under gained in the event you’re at stage 46 or above.
|Windshear*||11||10||Metal Ingot, Metal Smithing||Staggers opponent with each hit; 39% probability to paralyze opponent with block-bash||No|
|Miraak’s Sword*||16||3||Ebony Ingot, Daedra Coronary heart, Dwarven Smithing||Soak up 15 Stamina||No|
|Chillrend*||15||16||Refined Malachite, Glass Smithing||30 Frost Injury, Likelihood to paralyze for two seconds||No|
|Dragonbone Sword||15||19||Dragon Bone, Dragon Armor||None||Sure|
|Nightingale Blade*||14||15||Ebony Ingot, N/A||Soak up 25 Well being and Stamina||No|
The most effective Conflict Axes in Skyrim
There aren’t too many thrilling choices for many who choose to bear a one-handed axe in Skyrim, however there are nonetheless one or two issues to notice:
- The Dawnguard Rune Axe is rated first as a result of the 110 injury to undead can in truth be locked in by tempering the axe at a grindstone. It will also be improved with solely the Metal Smithing Perk unlocked, making it an distinctive early-game selection. In sure conditions, it is top-of-the-line one-handed weapons you will get your palms on.
- The Rune Axe is acquired by finishing the Dawnguard quest “Misplaced Relic”.
|Dawnguard Rune Axe*||11||13||Metal Ingot, Metal Smithing||10+n injury to undead, the place n = variety of undead killed since dawn||No|
|Dragonbone Conflict Axe||16||21||Dragon Bone, Dragon Armor||None||Sure|
|Ebony Conflict Axe||15||17||Ebony Ingot, Ebony Smithing||None||Sure|
|Daedric Conflict Axe||15||18||Ebony Ingot, Daedric Smithing||None||Sure|
|Stalhrim Conflict Axe||15||16||Stalhrim, Ebony Smithing||Frost Injury enchantments 25% stronger||Sure|
The most effective Maces in Skyrim
- The Mace of Molag Bal is acquired from the Daedric quest “The Home of Horrors”.
- Molag Bal is just one injury decrease than Dragonbone Mace however is way lighter, that means the next general DPS – however this may be overcome with sturdy enchantments to the Dragonbone Mace.
- Identical with Stalhrim, this time with the bonus enchantment injury making it a stronger selection general.
|Mace of Molag Bal*||16||18||Ebony Ingot, N/A||25 Magicka and Stamina injury, Soul Lure for 3 seconds||No|
|Stalhrim Mace||16||18||Stalhrim, Ebony Smithing||Frost Injury enchantments 25% stronger||Sure|
|Dragonbone Mace||17||24||Dragon Bone, Dragon Armor||None||Sure|
|Ebony Mace||16||19||Ebony Ingot, Ebony Smithing||None||Sure|
|Daedric Mace||16||20||Ebony Ingot, Daedric Smithing||None||Sure|
The most effective Greatswords in Skyrim
Greatswords function because the quickest, however lowest base injury weapons of the two-handed class. There are few distinctive ones of observe, though the Bloodskal Blade offers an intriguing choice.
- The Bloodska Blade is positioned subsequent to Gratian Caerellius’ corpse in Bloodskal Barrow, in the course of the Dragonborn quest “The Closing Descent”.
|Stalhrim Greatsword||23||21||Stalhrim, Ebony Smithing||Frost Injury enchantments 25% stronger||Sure|
|Dragonbone Greatsword||25||27||Dragon Bone, Dragon Armor||None||Sure|
|Daedric Greatsword||24||23||Ebony Ingot, Ebony Smithing||None||Sure|
|Bloodskal Blade*||21||16||Silver Ingot, N/A||Ranged blast of vitality with energy assaults that offers 30 injury||No|
|Ebony Greatsword||22||22||Ebony Ingot, Ebony Smithing||None||Sure|
The most effective Battleaxes in Skyrim
The center tier of heavy weapons, the battleaxe class additionally performs house to top-of-the-line weapons within the recreation, Wuuthrad.
- Wuuthrad is obtained in the course of the Companions mission “Glory of the Useless” – observe that you’re going to want to put it within the palms of a statue of Ysgramor in the course of the quest, however could be instantly eliminated after doing so.
- The HEadsman’s Axe could be acquired from two folks, Ahtar from Solitude, and the Imperial Headsman within the opening prisoner sequence. It may solely be obtained from Ahtar, by their gaining him as a follwer and taking it from him totally free, pickpocketing it from him, or killing him and looting his corpse.
|Wuuthrad*||25||25||N/A||1.2x Injury vs. Darkish Elves, Wooden Elves, Excessive Elves, Falmer, and Orcs||Sure|
|Stalhrim Battleaxe||24||25||Stalhrim, Ebony Smithing||Frost Injury enchantments 25% stronger||Sure|
|Dragonbone Battleaxe||26||30||Dragon Bone, Dragon Armor||None||Sure|
|Daedric Battleaxe||25||27||Ebony Ingot, Daedric Smithing||None||Sure|
Need extra assist with Skyrim? Learn the way to affix each guild and faction, tips on how to earn Gold quick, studying about XP and levelling to 100, max Crafting abilities, max Warrior abilities, max Thief abilities and max Mage abilities, tips on how to get married, the place to purchase a home, tips on how to begin Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC expansions. For those who’re on PC, we have now an inventory of console instructions and cheats, and you may be taught concerning the remastered model and tips on how to set up mods with our Skyrim information. Lastly, with Change house owners, we have now Skyrim amiibo assist defined to assist unlock particular Zelda-themed gadgets.
The most effective Warhammers in Skyrim
The heaviest of heavy weapons, warhammers are the slowest to swing however deal the best quantity of harm per hit.
- Volendrung is likely one of the Daedric artifacts, obtained for finishing the Daedric quest “The Cursed Tribe”.
- The Longhammer is acquired from the cave Liar’s Retreat, southwest of Solitude. It is positioned subsequent to the physique of Rahd, it is former proprietor.
|The Longhammer*||21||18||Orichalcum Ingot, Orcish Smithing||Swings 30% sooner than an everyday warhammer||Sure|
|Volendrung*||25||26||Ebony Ingot, N/A||Soak up 50 Stamina||No|
|Stalhrim Warhammer||26||29||Stalhrim, Ebony Smithing||Frost Injury enchantments 25% stronger||Sure|
|Dragonbone Warhammer||28||33||Dragon Bone, Dragon Smithing||None||Sure|
|Daedric Warhammer||27||31||Ebony Ingot, Daedric Smithing||None||Sure|