Russian “kamikaze” drones hit key vitality infrastructure in and round Kyiv on Monday and President Vladimir Putin visited Belarus for the primary time since 2019, fuelling Ukrainian fears he’ll strain his ally to open a brand new invasion entrance.
Belarus- New Entrance?
- Putin’s go to to Belarus comes after the latest main battlefield setbacks for Moscow, stoking fears that the previous Soviet ally might be pressured to reopen a brand new entrance towards Ukraine.
- Putin and his Belarusian counterpart President Alexander extolled the advantages of cooperation, however they hardly point out the warfare raging in Ukraine at their joint information convention.
- Russian troops that have been moved to Belarus in October to turn into a part of a regional formation will conduct tactical workouts, the Russian Interfax information company reported on Monday, citing the Russian defence ministry.
- Zelenskiy requested Western leaders assembly in Latvia to provide a variety of weapons methods, renewing his longstanding name for extra army assist.
- Moldova’s spy chief warned on Monday of a “very excessive” danger of a brand new Russian offensive in the direction of his nation’s east subsequent 12 months and stated Moscow nonetheless aimed to safe a land hall by way of Ukraine to the breakaway Moldovan area of Transdniestria.
- Russia’s newest assaults hit “crucial infrastructure” in and round Kyiv early on Monday, Ukrainian authorities stated.
- That adopted Friday’s 70 missile strikes in certainly one of Russia’s greatest assaults towards Ukraine because the begin of the warfare, Ukrainian officers stated.
- Ukraine’s atomic vitality company accused Russia of sending a “kamikaze” drone over a part of the South Ukraine Nuclear Energy Plant within the Mykolaiv area in a single day.
- Russia’s defence ministry stated its forces had shot down 4 U.S.-made HARM anti-radiation missiles over the Belgorod area, which borders Ukraine, within the area of 24 hours, the state-run TASS information company reported.
- Reuters was not in a position to independently confirm battlefield stories.
- The ability grid operator described the state of affairs as “tough” and stated the Dnipropetrovsk area and areas within the centre and east of the nation have been the worst affected.
- Emergency energy outages affected a number of places, together with Kyiv metropolis, the encompassing area and the areas of Kharkiv, Sumy, Poltava and Zaporizhzhia, operator Ukrenergo stated.
(Aside from the headline, this story has not been edited by NDTV workers and is printed from a syndicated feed.)
Featured Video Of The Day
Deepika-Ranveer Watched Argentina Win The World Cup Like This