Sadly, Fb doesn’t make it attainable to disable feedback in your profile posts, however you will get artistic and take management of your privateness and content material, no less than to a point. In different phrases, you may alter privateness settings to permit Solely Mates or Mates of Mates as an alternative of Public to have entry to and remark in your posts. The place and the way is one other story. Right here is how one can alter privateness for feedback in your Fb posts.
Managing Feedback on a Specific Account
Let’s first assessment your choices for managing feedback from a selected account. If somebody is bugging you, however you’d prefer to maintain them as a pal, comply with the directions under.
Modifying Fb Privateness Settings
By modifying your Fb privateness settings as to who can see your posts, you primarily restrict remark capabilities to these you permit to view your posts and tags.
- To begin, open up Fb on desktop or cell and log into your account.
- When you’re logged in, click on on the dropdown arrow within the high proper part and choose Settings & Privateness -> Settings.
- From there, you’ll need to change your privateness settings. You possibly can select who sees your future posts, and you may assessment tags earlier than they go stay in your Fb Profile/House Web page.
Edit Your Exercise Settings
Now that you understand how to restrict who on Fb can entry your posts and tagged pictures, it’s time to regulate privateness settings for particular person posts.
- Find the put up through which you’d prefer to edit the privateness. Faucet the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots) within the higher right-hand nook of the chosen put up.
- Select Edit viewers.
- Select from Mates, Mates besides…, Particular buddies, Customized, or Shut Mates.
The Mates besides... possibility means that you can conceal your put up from choose Fb customers, which means you received’t see their feedback both. The identical end result additionally applies to the Particular buddies, Shut Mates, and Customized choices.
At this level, you could have restricted who can see future posts and tags and set viewing exclusions for particular ones that exist already. Now, it’s time to scale back feedback utilizing a roundabout different.
Use Textual content Filters to Management Fb Feedback
You might not get the power to disable Fb feedback, however you need to use the textual content filter to scale back them. Somewhat than prohibit feedback that include undesirable phrases like “silly”, “a-hole”, “fool”, or others we can’t point out right here, you may insert frequent ones to limit the next variety of feedback.
Fb already filters choose phrases, however there may be far more you may conceal. Phrases like “a”, “the”, “and”, “we”, “you”, and loads of others get used a lot that almost all feedback won’t present in your posts. The one downside to this methodology is the particular person posting the remark nonetheless sees it, and their buddies do too.
Right here’s how one can prohibit feedback primarily based on particular phrases.
- In your profile web page, click on the dropdown arrow on the high proper and select Settings & Privateness.
- Click on on Settings from the brand new dropdown record.
- Select Profile and Tagging within the left Settings menu.
- Click on the Edit choice to the suitable of Conceal Feedback containing sure phrases out of your profile.
- Click on on Conceal feedback containing sure phrases out of your profile, then sort your flagged phrases within the textual content field.
- Optionally available: Click on on Present Variations in case you’d like so as to add extra comparable phrases for higher filtering. Notice that Fb already excludes associated phrase variations, similar to tree, TREE, tr33, treee, t.r.e.e, and #tree.
- As soon as finished getting into your choices, click on on Save.
Set Fb to Evaluate Tags earlier than Posting to Your Timeline
One other cool trick you are able to do to restrict/take away feedback in your profile is to require approval for any tagged posts. That means, you get to assessment them first and approve or deny them. By selecting Deny, it received’t seem in your timeline, and no person in your Mates record can see it or touch upon it. Notice that any of your folks which might be additionally buddies with the one that tagged you may nonetheless remark, but it surely received’t seem in your profile.
- Click on on the dropdown arrow on the high proper and choose Settings & Privateness.
- Click on on Settings.
- Choose Profile and Tagging within the left menu.
- Below the Reviewing part, transfer the slider subsequent to Evaluate posts you’re tagged in… or click on on Edit in the identical row to activate reviewing.
Whereas none of those are official workarounds, they provide you extra management over your private or enterprise profiles than you had beforehand.
Manually Delete or Conceal Feedback
Right now, the best possibility for managing feedback in your Fb posts is deleting or hiding them, whether or not it’s undesirable content material otherwise you merely don’t need suggestions. You possibly can delete or conceal any feedback on posts you made however solely conceal feedback on posts others made.
Deleting Feedback within the Fb App on Android/iPhone
To delete and take away feedback from the Fb app, comply with these steps:
- Find the offending remark and long-press it.
- From the menu that seems, select Delete or Conceal remark.
- For deletions, verify that you just’d prefer to take away the remark by choosing Delete as soon as extra. The Conceal remark possibility is prompt and requires no affirmation. You possibly can choose Unhide later if desired.
Deleting or Hiding Fb Feedback in Home windows, Chromebook, Linux, or Mac utilizing the Web site
Eradicating or hiding feedback from an online browser is straightforward. Right here’s how one can do it.
- Navigate to the put up that features the undesired remark.
- Browse for the remark you’d prefer to delete or conceal.
- On to the suitable of the remark (not the put up), click on on the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots).
- Within the small menu that seems, select Delete or Conceal Remark. Keep in mind that hiding the remark preserves it in case you ever change your thoughts.
- For elimination, select Delete as soon as extra within the affirmation popup that seems. The Conceal remark possibility doesn’t embody a affirmation—it’s prompt, however you may choose Unhide later.
Though this will not be an excellent answer, like a easy checkbox that can completely disable feedback, this does offer you some management over undesirable content material.
Methods to Flip Off Feedback on Fb Pages and Teams
Fb has created a approach to flip off feedback on Fb pages and teams, however you have to be the group admin or the unique poster.
- From the Settings menu on the left-hand facet of the Fb web page, click on Teams, then faucet on the group you handle.
- Scroll by till you discover the put up you’d prefer to disable feedback on.
- Click on the horizontal ellipsis (three horizontal dots) within the higher right-hand nook of the put up, then choose Flip Off Commenting. Sadly, you continue to can’t flip off feedback for the complete web site.
When you’re controlling your personal Fb group, you’ll be capable of right and delete feedback with ease, so keep on with the pages that offer you administrative approval. This fashion, you’ll have extra management over your content material and the way individuals reply to it. It’s also possible to privatize your group, so solely these you let in will be capable of remark.
Chrome Extensions that Conceal Feedback
Some Google Chrome extensions purpose to offer you extra management over your social media accounts by hiding the feedback. The Shut Up Remark Blocker for Chrome claims to just do that. Nonetheless, this selection solely hides them in your finish whereas within the browser.
When you’re utilizing the Fb software in your cell system, it’s possible you’ll run into issues when utilizing this selection.
As you may see on this article, you may’t disable Fb feedback, however you may restrict who can put up any and block particular phrases in feedback in order that they don’t seem in your profile/timeline/pages. Defining who you join with on Fb additionally helps enhance your on-line expertise by decreasing remark availability. Give your self full management over your profile or web page posts through the use of the above solutions. The processes devour further time however restrict the remark capabilities of others, decreasing the complications in your finish!