One thing you’ll see on Twitter greater than wherever else is response GIFs, or GIFs used to answer different messages and feedback with out typing any phrases. Twitter has a complete GIF search engine that makes it simple to search out the best GIF to ship, both in a direct message or in a reply tweet to another person in your feed, with simple categorical strategies like Agree, Applause, Excessive 5, and plenty of extra.
As you would possibly count on, you’re sure to see one million GIFs on the platform that you just like. Sadly, preserving these Twitter GIFs in your pc or cellphone is tougher than it must be. Proper-clicking on the desktop web site reveals the choice to repeat the GIF URL, however that’s all you get!
Why does Twitter make it so exhausting to obtain and save GIFs for offline use? Is it even doable to avoid wasting Twitter GIFs to your pc or smartphone? The reply is not any, however you may nonetheless get your GIF picture or obtain it as an mp4 video and preserve it that manner. Right here’s the right way to obtain Twitter animated GIF pictures.
Be aware: Bear in mind, that is for animated GIFs on Twitter, not precise movies. It should say GIF within the bottom-left nook of the nonetheless picture if not already enjoying.
Twitter GIFs are Not Actual GIFs
Why can’t you save Twitter GIFs as a picture file in your pc or smartphone, identical to you’d with a GIF on every other web site? The reply could not appear evident at first, however any media that isn’t a nonetheless photograph on Twitter can’t get downloaded.
As a substitute, you would possibly discover that GIFs on Twitter use an interface that appears just like a video platform, however they’re lacking the playback bar on the backside of the show. That’s the true motive why you may’t save your Twitter GIFs to your pc: they aren’t GIFs in any respect. As a substitute, they’re small video information by which the animated GIF received transformed to a proprietary format by Twitter to be extra environment friendly and ship a smoother Twitter expertise. On the flip aspect, you can too convert movies to submit them on Twitter.
So, what does that imply for downloading Twitter GIFs? The reply is to make use of a few third-party instruments. Whereas it’s not so simple as right-clicking on a picture and saving it to your pc, it’s nonetheless an easy course of. Let’s have a look.
Saving a Twitter GIF on Mac
The simplest strategy to save a Twitter GIF is thru a Mac. Right here’s how!
- Open the “tweet” in your Mac that accommodates the GIF that you just wish to copy. You should utilize the feed, a submit’s specific feedback web page, or the individual’s reply web page immediately.
- Two-finger click on on the “GIF,” then choose “Copy Gif Deal with.”
- Click on the “+” icon to the best of the present tabs on the high to open a brand new tab.
- Go to “ paste the copied “Twitter GIF” hyperlink into the “video URL field,” after which click on the “Obtain” button.
- On the brand new web page, carry out a “two-finger faucet” (ignore that it says right-click) on “Obtain Hyperlink,” then choose Save Hyperlink As…
- Title your file within the “Save As:” field and choose the obtain location within the “The place:” field, then click on “Save.”
- Verify your obtain was profitable.
- Go to “ and guarantee you might be on the “Video to GIF” tab, then choose the “Video to GIF” secondary tab.
- Click on on “Browse” to search for the file you simply downloaded.
- Choose the downloaded video and click on “Open” so as to add it to EZGIF.COM.
- Click on the “Add video!” button to transform your mp4 again to GIF format.
Simply keep in mind that reposting the GIF to Twitter will reconvert the GIF again to Twitter’s hybrid format, because it does with any animated GIF file.
Be aware: The rationale you can not use EZGIF alone is that their “Video to GIF (foremost tab) -> Video to GIF (secondary tab)” web page errors out or does nothing when pasting the Twitter hyperlink. What labored earlier than doesn’t now. Due to this fact, you will need to return to EZGIF to transform your mp4 to a GIF.
If, for no matter motive, you may’t get EZGIF to work in any respect in your system, don’t fret.
There are many websites on the internet that may convert Twitter GIFs, together with:
Saving a Twitter GIF on Home windows
Saving Twitter GIFs on Home windows is similar to Mac because it makes use of a browser.
- Launch the browser of selection, open “Twitter,” and browse for the GIF picture you wish to obtain.
- Proper-click the GIF and choose “Copy Gif Deal with.”
- Open a brand new tab and go to “ and paste the copied GIF hyperlink URL into the “video URL field.” Choose “Obtain” when prepared.
- A brand new web page opens. Proper-click on “Obtain Hyperlink,” then select “Save hyperlink as…”
- Give your file a reputation or use the preselected one, then select “Save.”
- Verify that the obtain was profitable.
- Go to “ and click on on the “Video to GIF” hyperlink.
- Verify that you’re on the “Video to GIF” tab and the secondary “Video to GIF” tab.
- Click on on “Select File.”
- Browse and choose the “downloaded mp4 media file” (initially was the Twitter GIF), then click on on “Open.”
- Choose “Add video!” to begin the conversion course of from mp4 again to GIF format.
Saving a GIF on Your Telephone
Sadly, preserving a Twitter GIF in your smartphone is extra sophisticated than downloading it in your pc, largely due to the boundaries of cellular working methods. Nonetheless, some individuals depend on their smartphones for every part, and even Twitter is a greater expertise when it’s within the palm of your hand. We’ll be utilizing the Twitter app for Android, mixed with another functions, to unlock the GIF obtain in your system. Let’s have a look.
Save Twitter GIFs Utilizing Your Cell Browser
By far, probably the most pure answer is simply copying the GIF, identical to the strategy we described above. It’s not tough to repeat the video deal with throughout the Twitter app, and EZGIF has a cellular web site that makes saving the GIF to your cellphone simply as easy.
- Begin by discovering the GIF you wish to save to your system.
- Click on on the tweet (not the picture), and it’ll open it on a brand new web page by itself.
- Click on on the “share” icon below the picture.
- Choose “Copy Hyperlink.”
- Now, it’s time to transform your Twitter picture to an mp4. With the hyperlink copied, open your cellular browser and head to “https://twdownload.com.”
- Paste the copied URL into the “obtain field” and faucet on the “downward arrow” (obtain icon). Your file turns into an mp4 video.
- On the identical web site, scroll all the way down to view your transformed video (GIF to mp4) on the display. Faucet on the “Obtain Hyperlink” button.
- The mp4 seems in a browser window. Press the “Play” icon to view it if desired, then faucet on the “vertical ellipsis” (three vertical dots) menu throughout the mp4, not the browser’s ellipsis.
- Select “Obtain” from the choices.
- Your mp4 ought to now seem in your “Downloads” folder in your Android system. Confirm that it was efficiently downloaded.
- Now, it’s time to transform the mp4 to an animated GIF. Open your cellular browser or a brand new tab and head to “EZGIF.com.” Faucet on one of many two “Video to GIF” hyperlinks.
- Scroll down the web page and faucet on “Select File.”
- Within the “Select an motion” part displayed on the backside, choose “Information.”
- Discover and choose your mp4 from the file browser that seems. The file browser ought to speak in confidence to your “Latest” part, or you may browse to “Downloads.”
- The display returns to “Video to GIF converter” web page with the “Add video file” part, however now it shows your file. Faucet on the “Add video!” button on the backside of the display.
- Scroll up the newly loaded web page to search out your mp4 particulars and a preview. Faucet on “Convert to GIF!” to begin the conversion course of.
- Scroll down the web page to the “Output GIF:” part. View the conversion outcomes and faucet on the “save” button to obtain your newly animated GIF.
- Your animated Twitter picture is now an animated GIF. Verify that it saved to your Andrid system by utilizing a file browser. Be happy to rename the file.
The Second Resolution: Use Devoted Apps for iOS and Android
Along with the cellular web site for EZGIF, there are a number of non-website apps you may set up on iOS or Android to perform the identical factor. The apps assist the power to obtain and save the content material to your system versus saving them from the net browser however utilizing an internet web page is safer. Nonetheless, there are examined and permitted functions, for those who would reasonably have a devoted app that does the identical job. Simply be ready for advertisements!
For Android, Tweet2GIF is an app that performs very equally to EZGIF’s Video-to-GIF net app however works as a devoted software. One downside to the app is the decrease high quality conversion, but it surely works nice general!
You solely have to click on the convert button as soon as to entry your GIF, not convert it after which obtain it. Second, as a result of it occurs inside its app interface, the GIFs are simpler to obtain and retailer than they’d in any other case be. We did discover that the GIFs have been a bit decrease high quality than what we’d in any other case need from the platform, besides, it’s a dependable app.
- Click on on the GIF throughout the related tweet to open it in a full-screen show.
- Faucet the “Share” button on the backside
- Choose “Copy Hyperlink.”
- Go to Tweet2GIF from the Play Retailer.
- Set up and launch the app.
- Paste the Twitter GIF hyperlink you copied in steps 1-3 above.
- Click on the “Obtain GIF” button to avoid wasting a replica to your smartphone.
For iOS, you’ll wish to flip to GIFwrapped, a dependable GIF search engine on iOS that additionally comes with the power to transform Twitter GIFs into shareable ones.
- Copy the hyperlink and paste it inside GIFwrapped’s “Use the Clipboard” function.
- Save the GIF to your library.
- Put up or share the GIF to any app by utilizing the built-in share function of GIFwrapped.
Since GIFwrapped retains its library throughout the software, it’s simple to maintain issues locked down and make them available!
Along with your GIF newly downloaded and saved from Twitter’s clutches, you may submit and share the shifting picture file wherever you want! GIFs are a significant a part of the web world and assist pages load sooner than precise media information. Whether or not you’re utilizing a devoted software otherwise you’re downloading content material via EZGIF or one other viable on-line supply, it’s important to maintain the GIFs for future use. It’s additionally foolish that Twitter retains their GIFs locked in a video-like state, however fortunately, they are often transformed and rescued for the remainder of us.