Officers on Thursday revealed the reason for loss of life for the 22-year-old girl who died when she turned caught attempting to climb via the window of her Florida lodge room — as her mom remembered her as a “fearless” daughter who touched “numerous lives.”
Sydney Therriault, of Beallsville, Md., died of mechanical asphyxia, which implies that there was some form of obstruction of the airflow to the lungs, in accordance with preliminary post-mortem outcomes from the Monroe County Medical Examiner’s Workplace.
The incident occurred whereas she was staying earlier this month on the Pelican RV Resort & Marina in Grassy Key.
“She didn’t have the important thing to her room and decided to resolve the issue with that fearless confidence of hers by climbing via the window,” her mom, Sandy Wright, wrote on Fb.
However Therriault someway turned caught within the window, authorities stated. Emergency responders arrived round 7:28 a.m. March 18 and pronounced her lifeless.
It’s unclear how she turned trapped within the window. The Monroe County Sheriff’s Workplace declined to supply additional particulars concerning the circumstances surrounding her loss of life.
A full post-mortem will likely be launched pending toxicology outcomes, the coroner’s workplace stated.
The Pelican RV Resort & Marina hasn’t responded to a number of requests for remark.
Therriault was a budding artist who studied on the Savannah School of Artwork and Design, in accordance with her mom.
Wright stated her daughter additionally had a stage of empathy that was “unmatched.”
“She touched numerous lives in vital methods, repeatedly defending the underdog as she took upon herself the world’s inherent unfairness,” she stated.
“Sydney lived life to the fullest at each second. And that is what we’ll do,” she continued.